Health insurance helps you pay for medical costs. There are various health insurance options in Arizona and assistance to help you and your family find the best option. Arizonans can find a plan that best fits their budget during the Open Enrollment period that runs from November 1 until December 15.
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is the yearly period when people can enroll in a health insurance plan for the next calendar year.
- Open Enrollment for 2023 runs from November 1 through January 15, 2023. Enroll by December 15 for coverage that starts January 1, 2023.
- Outside of the Open Enrollment Period, you can enroll in a health insurance plan only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You’re eligible if you have certain life events, like getting married, having a baby, or losing other health coverage.
- Job-based plans may have different Open Enrollment Periods. Check with your employer.
- You can apply and enroll in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year.
For more information go to: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/open-enrollment-period/
How do I get assistance with applying for Health Insurance? You can utilize FREE help provided through the Cover Arizona Application Assistance Program which provides support with applying and enrolling in a health plan with savings or applying for Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- To schedule an appointment to meet with an assistor, call 1-800-377-3536 or visit http://coveraz.org/connector/ to sign up.
What is the Health Insurance Marketplace? A place where people without health care can find information about health insurance options and purchase health care insurance.
- To learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace visit HealthCare.gov
Is there free or low-cost health insurance available in Arizona? Yes, Medicaid (AHCCCS) and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans.
- There are two ways to apply for these programs:
- Fill out an application through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- If it looks like anyone in your household qualifies for Medicaid or CHIP, marketplace will send your application to your state agency.
- When you submit your Marketplace application, you’ll also find out if you qualify for an individual insurance plan with savings based on your income instead. Plans may be more affordable than you think.
- Apply through your state Medicaid office: